Wayne Patrick Bresnahan – US Marine Corps Special Ops Sgt / Recon, Combat Veteran, Fought in Iraq & Afghanistan, Blog of Shame19
07/08/2018 by militaryphonies
“I Am A US MARINE Combat VETERAN & ONLY By the GRACE of #GOD DID I Get Through the 2 Tours of Combat Duty in IRAQ & Afghanistan.”
— Wayne Patrick Bresnahan
Wayne Patrick Bresnahan, AKA “KidStyle”, comes to us from Boston, MA. He is 47 years old as of July 2018.
Bresnahan claims the title of Marine often.
In the below post, someone had confused him with an Army soldier and he quickly corrected them…
Although he claimed he was a “Marine Special OPS Sgt” (E-5) in the above post from 2017, in the following posts (2012 & 2014) he claims he was a Corporal (E-4)…
So, there exist a few conflicting posts about the rank that he held.
As far as his MOS or what job he did in the Marine, in this post he claims he was a “GOV TRAINED US MARINE Special Ops Comm Operator”…
But in the following post, he claims he was a Recon Marine…
So now, there are conflicting posts about his MOS.
Moving on, he claims that he entered the Marines in 1988…
And in this newspaper article, he claimed he was in the Marine Corps for seven (7) years, with part of that time in the Middle East…
A slightly larger version of the above article can be read here.
In the following post, he claims that he served two combat tours for this country…
In this post, he says he is a “US Marine Combat VETERAN” and served “2 Tours of Combat Duty in IRAQ and Afghanistan”…
Here, Bresnahan posts about spending several Thanksgivings in the desert sand…
In this video below that he posted to his Facebook timeline on September 25, 2016, Wayne Bresnahan AKA “KidStyle” raps about being “a US Marine and fought two wars for this country”…
People familiar with Bresnahan around where he lives became suspicious of his claims and contacted Military Phony.
Wayne Patrick Bresnahan’s military records were ordered via a Freedom of Information Act (FOIA) request.
. . . . .
[NOTE: Last three pages combined for space saving purposes.
Originally, each one was on its own dedicated page.]
USMC CAR & HSM DATABASE
No result for either a Combat Action Ribbon (CAR) or a Humanitarian Service Ribbon (HSM).
Keep in mind that the USMC CAR/HMS Database has been known not to be 100% accurate since some have reported awards missing but we put the results here just to be inclusive.
. . . . .
DISCUSSION & SUMMARY
The military records do not support Wayne Bresnahan’s claim of many things:
- L/Cpl (E-3) vs. claim of Cpl (E-4) and Sgt (E-5).
- No assignments overseas. No medals to support overseas assignments/deployments.
- Nothing on his Combat History page, so the claim that he fought in two wars is not supported.
- He was on active duty for six months (19 JUN 1989 – 15 DEC 1989). There were no conflicts that the US was involved with during this period. Operation Just Cause was on 20 DEC 1989, but this was five days after Bresnahan was released from active duty.
- Bresnahan was in the US Marine Corps Reserve. Typically, they only go on active duty to attend boot camp, advanced infantry training (School of Infantry or SOI), and perhaps some OJT (On the Job Training). Then, they are released from active duty and assigned to a Reserve Center to participate in weekend drills once a month and a two-week active duty for training each year. This appears to be what Bresnahan did with his six months of active duty. Reserve personnel are also subject to recall to active duty, but Bresnahan’s records do not show him being recalled to active duty other than the initial six months for basic and MOS training.
- Trained as COMM (Communication) vs. Recon. Nothing wrong with being a COMM Marine, which is an admirable profession – he just wasn’t in Recon.
- No “Special Ops”
- Even counting drilling Reserve time, Bresnahan spent a little less than four (4) years in the US Marine Corps Reserve. He entered in 1989, but his 1988 claim could have included the time spent in a Delayed Entry Program. He got out in 1993 and this does not support his claim of seven (7) years. He was a drilling reservist during Operation Desert Storm but it does not appear that he or his unit were activated.
Bresnahan earned the title of US Marine, which anybody could be very proud of, but his official records do not support his claim of being a combat Marine and fighting in Iraq or Afghanistan.
. . . . .
Many of the claims attributed to Wayne Patrick Bresnahan were not supported by his official military records.
If Bresnahan has used any of these combat claims to gain anything of value, including money, work positions, speaking engagements or medical benefits from the government it could put him in direct violation of the Stolen Valor Act.
His records do not support a claim of him being in a war or military conflict.
. . . . .
- FACEBOOK#1: https://www.facebook.com/KIDSTYLE.WAYNEB
- FACEBOOK#2: https://www.facebook.com/wayne.bresnahan.5
- TWITTER: https://twitter.com/kidstylewb3sb
- YOUTUBE: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tL3w4Y5Szok
This Ain’t Hell: https://thisainthell.us/blog/?p=80438