01/07/2014 by militaryphonies
Pathfinders Bio Page
Over 20 years of Combined Military and Civilian Survival
Owner Operator Wilderness Outfitters Archery
Creator of the Pathfinder Training System of Wilderness
Owner Operator of the Pathfinder Training School
Over 500 Students World wide
Over 300 Instructional Videos on the Web, Featured on over
25 Survival Web Sites as well as You Tube
Performs product testing for 12 Outdoor Equipment
Companies World wide
Author of the soon to be released book “The Pathfinder
System, a Common man’s Survival Guide”
Traditional Archery Nationals Champion 2006
Professional Hunting Guide and Tracker
Commercial fisherman and Diver for 3 Years
Certified Open Water Diver
Operated/Managed a Commercial Reptile Farm for 4 Years
Animal Control Officer specialized in Wildlife for 2 years in
US Military Veteran 1981-1988
Airborne, Sniper, Scout, and Special Reaction Team
Special Reaction Team Training Coordinator and Instructor
Joint Service Operations in Central America 1986-87
(Honduras/Nicaragua) Pictured in Soldier of Fortune
Performed Security Escorts for Military Equipment in Korea
for Specialized Equipment to Forward areas near the DMZ
between North and South Korea 1983-85
Squad Leader 4th Infantry Division 1982-1983
|Bushcraft USA ;http://bushcraftusa.com/forum/showthread.php/3851-Mountain-Mel-Deweese-Survival-Instructor/page11|
Dave Canterbury who previously starred in the series” Dual Survival” on the Discovery Channel – there are reports that he had stated in the past that he is Ranger Qualified. He also claimed to be an Army sniper, far beyond his two weeks of SRT sniper counter sniper training. He was let go from the show after the military claims and actual records came to light. Reportedly, claims regarding his Civilian background were also investigated and found to be false.
http://bushcraftusa.com/forum/showthread.php?t=17461 and reposted here as well:
Here are the facts about David Michael Canterbury. He has had a couple of aliases, but we will use the name on his military records. …..
Claims by Mr. Canterbury, from his own words on this site, as well his biography on Discovery and his personal site (some of these items disappeared the last week of June 2010). His claims are in bold, followed by the facts as presented in his official military records.
1. Over 20 years of Combined Military and Civilian Survival: No survival training annotated in military records.
2. US Military Veteran 1981-1988: Dates of Service: 12/03/1981 to 11/25/1987. That is just under 6 years, not 7.
3. Airborne: FALSE
4. Sniper: Not US Army Sniper. He DID attend a local 4th ID Sniper/Counter-Sniper Class (2 wks – 1986).
5. Scout: FALSE. He only attended the Law Enforcement 95B Course. He was an MP ONLY, not a 19D Scout.
6. SRT Member: He did attend the local 4th ID Course (2 wks – 1986), but there is no record of him being on SRT, per his Assignment Record.
7. SRT Coordinator and Instructor: He could have been a coordinator, but until doctrine changed in 1993 (after he was out), you had to be an E-6 (SSG) in order to be an instructor. Canterbury never attained this rank.
8. Joint Service Operations in Central America 1986-87 (Honduras/Nicaragua): NO RECORD
9. Performed Security Escorts for Military Equipment in Korea for Specialized Equipment to Forward areas near the DMZ between North and South Korea 1983-85: According to his military record, while stationed in South Korea, he was an “ID Badge Clerk.”
10. Squad Leader 4th ID 1982-1983: Not unless they make Privates squad leaders.
11. Ranger: FALSE
12. Instructor in Close Quarters Combat in US, Central America and Korea: See #7 & #8.
Military Decorations and Awards:
1. Army Service Ribbon (For completing AIT) (x1)
2. Army Good Conduct Ribbon (x1)
3. Overseas Service Ribbon (x1)
4. Army Achievement Medal (x2)
5. Expert Badge with bars: auto rifle, pistol & hand grenade
6. Driver’s Badge
|This Ain’t Hell blog ; http://thisainthell.us/blog/?p=35224|